Hey there tiny one. Yes, I’m talking to you, in fact, I’m looking directly at you. No one else is around. I know that’s quite an accomplishment. You were born into a preexisting zoo. It’ll be ok. It’s going to give you a lot of super powers, you wait and see.
Not only am I solely thinking about you right now, but I have a list of true things I can already say.
22 true things about you, one month in:
- You haven’t been given your blog name yet. It’ll come.
- You have been alarmingly alert since you were born. Are you here on a mission? Or just trying to survive like the rest of us?
- You look a little bit like a Pokemon character when you get really really mad.
- We had your name picked out long before we knew you. And it still fit after we met.
- You’re eyes are still blue.
- You’ve taken a lot of crap so far. You’re taking it well.
- You’ve also given a lot of crap so far. Damn, girl.
- You’ve proven that just because two previous babies took a pacifier with ease, doesn’t mean the next one will. Ok, we get it. Can you just take it now?
- You might be the least sweaty person that’s ever slept on me.
- You’re so… portable.
- You know what you want.
- You survived matza season without too much drama.
- You hiccup A LOT. Don’t try and tell me newborns aren’t bothered by it.
- You freaked me the hell out; I really wasn’t expecting a girl. I may have had a mini panic attack at some point in the last month.
- You’ve had more stickers stuck on you than my fifth grade sticker album.
- It seems you’re growing out of all these tiny preemie/newborn clothes faster than your older siblings.
- You have a delicious nose for Eskimo kisses.
- We can see the smiles behind your eyes. For a while now.
- I think you might be the first newborn one of your uncles ever held.
- You are loved.
- You have a lot to say.
- You’ll have our attention when you’re ready to say it.