Just got back from a tour of Melbournian weekend nightlife. My Aussie companions were pleased to see that I, the unhumble New Yorker, was quite impressed. In fact, I’d daresay it was full of the stuff I love about New York – and cities in general – and lacking the stuff I despise.
– Great transport system
– Lit up (tastefully)
– Fun people walking the streets
– Diverse people walking the streets
– Lots to do – eat, drink, eat and drink, dance, chill, gamble, shop, walk around…
– Lots to see – water, light show, fire works, buildings, lighting, sidewalk paintings, movies, Little Italy, Chinatown…
– Relaxed, great pace, great attitude
…to name a few things. No city has impressed me this much at first glance and made itself seem livable. They say Sydney has it all but bigger and better. For now, this is enough for me.