I got a fun little pamphlet in my cute little p.o. box: Cultural activities for adults, families and children. It’s got a whole bunch of activities planned for residents of Tzur Hadassah over the next month.
Since a few people have contacted me interested about moving here, I thought I’d post some of them to display the kind of things that pass for fun around here.
- On March 21st from 10 am, the yishuv is having a Purim celebration in the cultural center (haven’t been there yet). It’s 20 nis for a ticket covering all the attractions.
- On the last Thursday of every month there is a ‘movie night’ for kids, splitting between 2-4 years old at 4:30 pm and 4-6 years old at 5:30 pm. For elementary school-aged kids, there is a movie night on the second Thursday of the month at 5pm.
- Tzofim (scouts) and Bnei Akiva: Various trips, activities and group games.
- “Purim b’Tzur Esther (Hadassah)”: a look at the megillah from a secular point of view on March 13th.
- Playback Theater: An improv theater based on real life stories of the community; March 16th.
- A series of tours around Jerusalem and surrounding…The first tour starts March 7th.
- “The Big Tisch” with Moshe Lahav: Israeli music and spirit… Motzei Shabbat, April 12th at 8:30 pm.
- Trip to Mount Hermon for skiing (last weekend).
- Workshop for Anger Management.
- Protecting nature: community tiyulim with a tour guide.
As you can probably tell, it’s very much a family-oriented community. It’s also mainly secular with ‘progressive’ and ‘dati leumi’ sub cultures.