We got back from Australia/Hong Kong late Monday night, kept off the radar yesterday and went back to respective offices/gans today.
The report from Koala’s ganenet was – shockingly good, for a kid who doesn’t sleep much on airplanes.
- He is definitely taller than when he left.
- He went to the play kitchen and did netilat yadayim with a cup in the sink – just like his Bubbe taught him every day in Australia.
- He hugged all the kids.
- He asked for things he wanted using words – food, water, etc.
- He pointed to each motzetz and matched it with the kid it belongs to, from memory, along with their sippie cups.
- He kissed the mezuza (and forced me to kiss it) on the way out.
So much about being away, being with family, being with eight cousins, really did a lot for Koala. He’s opened up, he’s expressing, he’s figuring things out, and he’s gotten over his fear of monkeys.
More on that later; I’m jet lagged.