HI! I KNOW THAT MANY VISITORS LAND HERE WHEN SEARCHING FOR INFO ABOUT MOVING TO TZUR HADASSAH AND I HAVE DONE A POOR JOB IN THE LAST 5+ YEARS OF KEEPING THIS UPDATED AT THE PACE OF THE MANIC GROWTH OF OUR TOWN. I WILL WORK TO UPDATE OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. [SEPTEMBER 2019]
Since I started posting about the move from Jerusalem to Tzur Hadassah, I’ve been getting emails asking about what the place is like. In fact, I’ve been offering Tzur Hadassah lowdowns since two weeks before I moved in. And the reviews on living here keep on coming.
So here’s the whole collection of what’s up in Tzur Hadassah (or Tsur Hadassah, whatever you’re into).
And here’s the ‘official’ website of the yishuv (in Hebrew): צור הדסה – הפנינה בהרי יהודה. And the Facebook page. It’s somewhere around 1500 families big, with new apartment complexes being built at the moment. There’s also a community center/education/recreation complex being developed in the center of the town. The schools are finished, the recreational centers – including pool – are still in progress.
I get a lot of people asking for numbers of real estate agents… Here’s what I have; I can’t personally recommend any of them:
- Nadlan Top: 0775632800
- Barak Nadlan: 02-5473344 / 0547511411
- Shamai: 0522879542
Also consider checking out homeless.co.il and Yad2 for real estate listings (in Hebrew).
And, broken down, in case you’re looking for one of the following topics:
- Tzur Hadassah basics: part 1 and part 2
- Tzur Hadassah cultural activies
- Medical in Tzur: the Tzur Hadassah clinic and Beitar clinics
- Gym equipment – by the way, now we have a gym! (Jan 2015)
- Local council
- Public transportation to and from Tzur Hadassah
- Religious life: List of synagogues with contact info. (Note: it’s a secular yishuv with a few small congregations ranging from Reform/Progressive to Sephardi to Dati Leumi)
- Mikva: yes, it finally happened. (October 2014)
קהילת הצור והצוהר is the kehilla (religious community and synagogue) my family joined when we moved here. Currently it’s around 70 families and growing. It’s a liberal modern orthodox/open-minded community founded on mutual respect, tolerance and understanding.
*We are currently fundraising to turn the mini caravan shul into a proper, established building. If HaTzur V’Tzohar’s mission and message speaks to you and you’re interested in helping in any way, get in touch!
Some photos of the place: