Purim is a different kind of fun with a kid. I don’t think mine’s old enough to be the truly fun kind of kid fun, but we’re getting there.
It’s also super-exhausting, although that might have to do with the second baby I’m carrying around.
Here are some of the highlights:
- We got through most of megillah with him, and he didn’t even freak out at the Haman craziness. Which makes it the first year! (including prenatally).
- My gratitude to the two jolly Arab petrol station attendants who gave my whiny boy a ra’ashan on the house today.
- We did seudah with a friend of Koala’s from gan. It’s extra-fun to see him playing with a kid he knows and likes on a daily basis.
- It’s also fun to learn how much more Hebrew he actually knows than what we hear.
- He’s not a fan of dressing up too much; but we’ll get there with age I suppose. He stuck to the bunny pajamas for the duration of Purim (as opposed to several other costumes I had on hand). But he likes the make up aspect, so it’s a start.